Parkes Bros. ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.parkesbrosdoncaster.co.uk (“our site”) and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of this policy the Data Controller is Parkes Bros, 44 Oakhill Road, Wheatley Hills, Doncaster. DN2 5NX
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This may arise from you filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you change/update your personal details, contact preferences etc. and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial details.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- · for the provision of services requested;
- · providing always that you have given to us the necessary consent, to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- · to notify you about changes to our service;
- · to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- · to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- · as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- · to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
Provided always that you have provided the necessary consent(s), we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the necessary boxes to give such consent on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting The Data Protection Controller at the address stated at the beginning of this policy.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to The Data Protection Controller at the address stated at the beginning of this policy. Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
Access to information
The Regulations gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulations.