General information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We may use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Both first and third-party cookies may be set on this website:
• First party cookies – these are set by the website that you are visiting and can only be read by that website.
• Third party cookies – these are set by an organisation other than owner of the website. This might be for the purposes of website measurement.
Cookies last for different lengths of time depending on what they are used for.
• Session cookies are temporary cookies and are only stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser.
• Persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. On this site you also have the option to remove cookies using the button at the right hand side of the screen.